My sweet baby girl is six months now and a couple weeks ago went through a growth spurt and when that was over, a sleep regression. Nursing had also made me lazy and whenever she cried I would bring her into bed, latch her on and go back to sleep. But I was ready for that to be over. I wanted her out of our room and in with her sister. So we did it- we decided K could suffer along with us. I didn't want to sleep train her in our room and then move her in with K and possibly need to sleep train all over again.
| First night getting her new crib all ready- she didn't know what she was in for... |
I also decided to cut out the nighttime nursing. She really only was eating once a night (the rest was soothing) so I turned that into a bottle feed (I do both so it wasn't a big deal for me to cut out a nursing session). We also decided Cole would give that feeding for a while until she realized there was no more nursing at night. For every other time she woke up we let her cry and would go into her room to try to soothe her standing beside the bed. She had music as well. Going in to soothe her didn't work- she screamed anyways. But we held strong and by hour 2 (she had woken up at 11pm and screamed till 1am) she gave up- she didn't fall sleep crying. She just stopped crying and looked around her room and at the mobile and then drifted off. (Note: K didn't even seem to notice there was a screaming baby in her room...) B woke up for her usual feed a couple hours later and then slept again till it was time to nurse with me after 6am. Night two she woke up again at 11pm but only screamed for 20 mins. Night three no screaming, just her usual feed. We just had night five so we feel pretty in the clear.
I love having the girls share a room. I go stand at their door several times after they've fallen asleep to watch them. I know at some point they might not love sharing a room but for now- they like each others company. They aren't alone and they are already used to each others noises. They generally aren't waking each other up either. B is even napping in the room while K has her quiet time in there. And I am so much happier now that a nighttime routine is finally set and I don't have to tiptoe around in my room at night.
| Nighttime story with daddy |
| all snuggled, ready for bed |
| new room set up |
| B peeking at her new neighbour |
| loves the mobile Aunty Tanya got for K when she was a baby |
No comments:
Post a Comment