A Forever Family

A Forever Family

Monday, 9 December 2013

Christmas Tree

We went to chop down our Christmas tree on a beautifully sunny, cold day at GoGo's.  Love that every tree is $25.  We bundled our kids in their snow suits and went on the search for the perfect tree.


We traipsed for quite a while, K fell down every few steps in all the brush but she was super padded with her snowsuit and the little bit of snow on the ground. 
her "flower"










We finally found our tree and Cole proceeded to saw it down and I tried to keep K from getting trapped under the falling tree.





Can't believe this is K's third time accompanying us to GoGo's and that we are now a family of four!


  



We all had a lot of fun and the girls did so good in the cold.  This was my favourite Christmas tradition growing up and I'm glad my girls are getting to experience it.






 On Sunday we decorated the tree.  We listened to Christmas music and ate some yummy food: quinoa chili with sour cream, cheese, lime, avocado and chips, devilled eggs, sausage rolls, and gingerbread muffins.



B had a small window where she stayed up to watch and then got too cranky and I put her to bed.


B's ornament from Grandma
 K wanted desperately to help but is still probably a year away from being able to put decorations on the tree without help.  She loved to pick them out but I had to help her hang them. 



   



Cole putting on his Oilers ornament:


 K helping with the star:



Family pictures:


 




The outtakes:

watch B in the background

ahah love it- faceplant!

K not looking

fail

fail

The next morning while I was in bed nursing B, I heard K break an ornament- and so it begins.  Every morning since we put up the tree she has woken up saying "it's a tree!"

B watching the lights this morning


MERRY CHRISTMAS!








1 comment:

Rachel Kingsley said...

Cute photos! What a great tradition.

Post a Comment