A Forever Family

A Forever Family

Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Christmas Baking

The thing I love about Christmas baking is I get to try out a bunch of recipes, sample them but then the rest gets given away.  This year it was my Sunday School kids, Cole's home teaching families and a few friends that got packages.  As always, there was a few recipes that I will be keeping and few I won't bother with again.

Christmas 2013

Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies (with reeses pieces, pretzels and chocolate chips). 
-I've used this recipe before- it's a keeper
http://wightrecipes.blogspot.ca/2012/08/peanut-butter-pudding-cookies.html

Homemade Turtles
-suuuper easy - will definitely keep this for next year
http://wightrecipes.blogspot.ca/2013/12/homemade-turtles-done-in-half-hour.html

Toasted Coconut and Toffee Bit Cookies
-not bad, recipe found HERE but I prefer THIS recipe (also coconut)

White Chocolate Craisin Cookies
-again, not bad (found HERE) but I should have stuck with my mom's recipe:
1c butter
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2/3 c packed brown sugar
2/3 c white sugar
2 1/4 c flour
1 c rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 c dried cranberries
1 c white chocolate
greased sheet, 350, 8-10 mins

The Pièce de résistance: Browned Butter Nutella Stuffed Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies
-delicious -didn't STUFF them as much as recipe -so much work I probably won't do them again but so so good
-while I may not make them again, I will probably use the browned butter technique again for chocolate chip cookies- DIVINE!
http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2012/09/nutella-stuffed-brown-butter-sea-salt-chocolate-chip-cookies-my-favorite-cookie-ever/

Gingerbread Muffins
-not included in people's packages but a delicious Christmas recipe discovered this year that our family devoured!
http://wightrecipes.blogspot.ca/2013/12/gingerbread-muffins.html

Christmas 2012

Here are the links to the keepers from last year:

http://partiesandholidays.blogspot.ca/2009/12/few-of-my-favorite-christmas-treats.html
-the chocolate covered peanut butter rice krispie balls (about half way down the page)
http://wightrecipes.blogspot.ca/2012/02/skor-bars.html
-these are the BOMB! still don't have a picture but trust me- so delicious!
http://wightrecipes.blogspot.ca/2012/04/brownie-cookies.html
-these are the cookies I grew up on - don't know the name, but I always call them brownie cookies because they have the texture I want in a brownie
-my FAVOURITE cookie recipe
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/the-best-rolled-sugar-cookies/
-this is my favourite sugar cookie recipe -I love it with a classic buttercream icing
-love to sub almond extract for vanilla

If you are a cookie connoisseur like me, here are some of my favouite go to cookie recipes:

The Brownie Cookie (again, my FAVOURITE- in case you missed that)
http://wightrecipes.blogspot.ca/2012/04/brownie-cookies.html
Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
http://wightrecipes.blogspot.ca/2012/07/chewy-chocolate-chip-oatmeal-cookies.html
Gluten Free 5 Ingredient Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
http://wightrecipes.blogspot.ca/2013/10/gluten-free-soft-peanut-butter-cookie.html
No Bake Chocolate Mint Fiddle Diddles
http://www.cooks.com/recipe/3y0cb1i1/chocolate-oatmeal-no-bake-cookies.html
-I use this recipe but use mint extract instead of vanilla and no peanut butter
Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cookie
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/magic-peanut-butter-middles/
Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies
http://wightrecipes.blogspot.ca/2012/08/peanut-butter-pudding-cookies.html
Cowboy Cookies (chocolate, coconut, cinnamon)
http://wightrecipes.blogspot.ca/2013/10/cowboy-cookies.html

No comments:

Post a Comment