A Forever Family

A Forever Family

Monday, 30 July 2012

Camping




This weekend Cole and I were able to leave K with Grandma and go camping all by ourselves.  We went to Stamp Falls and got to listen to the river all night.  Delightful.  On Saturday we spent the day at Sproat Lake.  Probably one of the nicest lakes I've swam in...ever.  It was interesting going back to the little tent after camping all summer in our new monster tent.  It was wonderful being able to choose when we got up based on only us. 

There is something so satisfying about camping.  Leaving behind the excess of the modern life and getting back to basics.  The stresses of life seem to fall away- nothing so complicated can exist while camping.  I LOVE it!

2 comments:

Rachel Kingsley said...

That's where I grew up!! My parents' house is about 8 minutes past Stamp Falls. And Sproat Lake - well, you're right!! It's the best. How fun Shannon :)

Chelsea said...

That camp site looks pretty awesome. That is so great that you two were to able to get some camping in just the two of you.

Post a Comment