A Forever Family

A Forever Family

Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Holy Batman, He Forgot the Baby!

Our generous friends babysat K last night so Cole and I could go see The Dark Knight Rises.  As usual with this series, it didn't disappoint.  I think The Dark Knight is still my favourite one though- who can beat Heath Ledger as the Joker? Theatre was packed- half price Tuesday- it was expected.  Of course Cole sat us in the exact middle, so I soon felt trapped and like I was suddently pregnant again and needed to pee every five minutes.  Mind tricks- as soon as you're blocked in, your bladder has a holding capacity of a pregnant lady but if the theatre was empty I probably would have been fine.  I went twice before the movie started to try and avoid the awkward climb over people situation in the middle of the movie- although still had to anyways.  I stood in the back of the theatre for the last 20 minutes after my pee break so I didn't have to disturb everyone all over again.  After climbing over them twice before the movie started and once during it, I wasn't about to go back during the climax and climb all over again.

On the way home, Cole was so enthralled with the movie that he drove by the babysitter's place as if to just go home.  He forgot about our daughter.  If that's not a film recommendation for you men out there, I'm not sure what is. 

Also, one of the times I was up to go to the bathroom before the movie started, I walked by this lady with her TINY TINY baby.  I had to stop and talk to her- it was TINY.  Apparently her daughter had been born 10 weeks early at 2 lbs.  She was now 8 weeks old and still looked so little (no big surprise, she's still 2 weeks early at this point).  How amazing that the will to fight to live is alive even in a 2 lb person.  Incredible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment