A Forever Family

A Forever Family

Thursday, 1 November 2012

Hallowe'en

October 31, 2011: 7 weeks old


Last Hallowe'en K was just an infant- not even 2 months old.  We stayed home and handed out candy, watched a movie and hung out with our new baby.  I was just barely healed from my c-section and K was still doing the infant schedule- eat, sleep, eat, sleep, poop.  I can't believe how fast a year can go.  This Hallowe'en K is walking and trying to talk and so much the toddler.

The day started with the two of us attending the Strong Start program down the road at school and K got to participate in her first school Hallowe'en party filled with costumes and treats.  She was such a trooper in her costume and didn't even rip off the monkey head/hat. 

After Strong Start- right before nap time (hence the tears)

Cole got the night off work so he could come trick or treating with us and K had a ball.  The little monkey grabbed her pumpkin bucket and ran to the houses, jabbered at the people (obviously my 13 month old can't say trick or treat in english yet, but she said something to them in toddler talk), accepted the candy and waved good bye every time.  It took us an hour to go a few blocks up our street and come back down the other side.  Our street was great for trick or treating- lots of houses giving out candy and it was a high traffic zone- lots of kids and parents. 


 

 

 



I don't think I've ever had so much fun trick or treating- I'm not really a Hallowe'en person- but I loved seeing K all dressed up and feeling so proud of herself understanding the concept of the night. 

Here is a link to a video clip of her trick or treating: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJwewt_YQTU&feature=youtu.be




No comments:

Post a Comment