On Tuesday, my little family headed for Victoria so Cole and I could have a much needed night away. K spent the night at Papa Wight's and did very well. She did wake up every two hours, but that was to be expected. She doesn't even sleep well for Cole- just mommy.
Cole and I stayed at the Grand Pacific Hotel. Gotta love February- $119 for a big room with a full view of the Inner Harbour. We had dinner at the Japanese Village, dessert from Rogers Chocolates, movie at the Odeon, then a full night's sleep completely uninterrupted. It was the sleep of the dead. When I woke up I got to lie in bed and read my book. So lovely.
On Wednesday, we had lunch at Pagliacci's (our FAVOURITE Victoria restaurant), fudge from Fat Phege's (best in town) and toured Craigdarroch Castle- something neither one of us had done even though we had lived in Victoria for several years. We picked up K, visited my old roommate's new born baby boy and drove ourselves on home. 24 hours of rejuvination. That night K even let me sleep all the way till 5:30am till she needed her feed. 8pm-5:30am, feed, then slept till 8:30am. Last night she was in bed by 6:30pm and slept till 4:30am, fed then back to sleep till 8:30am again. Love my daughter for giving us a couple extra nights of "vacation".
1 comment:
Sounds heavenly. Papa Wight is good with babies (although he hates diapers). Glad you could get away.
Post a Comment