A Forever Family

A Forever Family

Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Hallowe'en

My sister was visiting during Hallowe'en this year.  When we were walking house to house trick-or-treating, K only wanted to hold Aunty Tanya's hand.  K was a monkey again- the costume fit for a second year.  B was a bear.  I knew I was pregnant last Hallowe'en.  It was super new so I didn't know if it was a boy or a girl (I would never know because I don't ever ask) so on Nov 1, during the big dump of Hallowe'en costumes, I bought a 6 month bear costume since I knew we'd be out trick-or-treating with K and a bear would work for a boy or a girl and provide some warmth while being cute in the stroller.  I was right.  She got lots of comments- one man was even so overwhelmed with her cuteness he felt drawn to her (not in a creepy way) and came right over, bent down and talked to her a bit.  She conked out after the first 20 minutes.  It was her bedtime. 

K was slightly hesitant this year- only because she finally realized Hallowe'en is a creepy holiday.  She didn't notice last year.  She had lots of fun- lasted an hour trick-or-treating and even hit a neighbourhood haunted house.  She was in bed just after 8, too, so it wasn't a long drawn out affair.  Next year will be cute with both of them walking house to house.

family pic before trick-or-treating

Monkey-Bear love

Aunty Tanya

my special little bear!


The weekend before Hallowe'en we were all in Vancouver visiting my family.  On the Saturday, Cole and I went out on a date and my family took the girls to a Trunk or Treat:

trunk or treat with aunties

monkey

Last year's monkey- there's starting not to be such a dramatic difference from year to year:

2012





No comments:

Post a Comment