B is hitting 4 months and that means lots of grabbing her mat toys, exercauser play time, rolling, laughing, teething and her first tastes of cereal. Yes, lots of moms wait till closer to the 6 month mark of the 4-6 month recommendation but in our house we like the 4 month mark. K was fed cereal at 4 months, too, and she loved it and had the swallowing thing down right away. B has been much the same. It's just a little at dinner time but I find it can help my babies start sleeping a little better through the night.
I can't believe how fast she is growing up. The second kid's milestones seem to whiz by compared to the first where there was so much quiet and waiting. I love how well B plays now- spending a good chunk of time down on the mat on her back and tummy playing with her mat toys. I love how she can spin herself all the way around in her exersaucer and grab at all the toys. I love her smiles. I love how I can lay her down in bed at nap or bed time completely awake and she'll put herself to sleep.
I do not love her teething. I do not love how much fussier she is than K was as a baby. I do not love how she's decided she needs to go back to feeding in the middle of the night.
I love that she loves her sister. I love that she laughs. I love that she loves me. I love her.
...I'm sure she loves Cole, too...
 |
| first rice cereal feeding |
 |
| teething is much more fun when there's cereal on your hand |
 |
| I had to hold her hand out of the way- she kept trying to eat them |
 |
| exersaucer time |
 |
| teething hard |
 |
| always making gurgling sounds with her tongue out |
 |
stop taking picture mommy
(I kept waiting for her smile- she smiles so much but not during this photo shoot) |
No comments:
Post a Comment