A Forever Family

A Forever Family

Friday, 23 March 2012

All Grown Up

Sometimes when you tell people you don't like being pregnant or breastfeeding they tell you you will once it's gone.  I don't miss being pregnant, I don't miss breastfeeding, I do, however, miss sleeping with K (sometimes).  For a few weeks now she's been sleeping in her own bed for 12 hours straight- no more getting up in the middle of the night.  It's been really nice.  But occasionally, I still miss snuggling with her through the night. 

Last night, she woke up around midnight screaming.  She sounded so scared- maybe a nightmare.  I told Cole to bring her into bed with us.  She kept letting out scared noises for a while but then calmed down but wouldn't go to sleep.  She snuggled with me but stayed awake.  After an hour, I couldn't take it anymore, I put her back in her own room and went back to bed.  I didn't hear her again for the rest of the night.

I miss sleeping with K sometimes; however, it appears she does not miss sleeping with me.  She's much happier in her crib and even though she gets scared sometimes, she doesn't need to leave her room anymore.  It's a good thing she's got the sleeping thing figured out.  But it's sad my baby is growing up. 

0 months and likes to sleep with me

6 months and she thinks she's all grown up

No comments:

Post a Comment