We enjoyed beautiful beaches. I enjoyed a wonderful afternoon nap with my girls every day. We sampled some of the locally grown produce in our dinners. We also ran out of there early the last morning. B must have had enough camping for one season because she cried the whole last night. We were up at 6am packing up and drove away at 8am. Nothing like a crying baby all night to help motivate you to pack up well before check out time.
My favourite story from the whole trip was B and K playing out on the "road" in front of our campsite. I heard K scream, "HELP! BECCA! TRUCK!" I came over to see B sitting on the road and K with her arms around her. She had tried to lift her little sister off the road to safety but she was too heavy so instead she stayed with her arms around her, obviously very scared, until we came to help. There was a big van driving down the road towards us (quite far away at this point and very very slow) but all K knew was that there was danger. She knew you got out of the way for vehicles and you could get hurt. She didn't want to leave her sister even though she was really scared. I almost wanted to ask the driver to stop a minute while I got my camera to document the moment, it was so sweet. We told her she was a good big sister and did the right thing calling for help.
| boots and rain jacket for our wet start to camp |
| spent a lot of time picking black berries- kept going back every day to the same bush and somehow found new berries everyday |
| rigging tarps |
| mud castles |
| beautiful hike in the rain (I did this hike 7-8 years ago and it rained that day, too. Maybe one day I will get to do it in the sun.) |
| sun finally came out for us |
| island girl to the core |
| beach baby |
| who would ever want to leave? |
| bow and arrow with daddy |
| nap time in the wagon |
| family soccer game |
| the giant swing at the campground |
| loves dangerous games |
| night time swinging |
No comments:
Post a Comment