A Forever Family

A Forever Family

Sunday, 10 August 2014

Camping Take 3: Miracle Beach

First weekend in July we went camping with our friends at Miracle Beach.  It poured.  The end. 

Our rainy camp set up.  Cole rigged the tarps all by himself!
What do you do when it rains? Play cards! These kids had some pretty amusing rules and strategy tactics.


Mommy daughter time in the tent.  I'm bottle-feeding my baby and K is "nursing" her baby.

Hard core kids playing at the beach in the cold.


Such bad luck.  I didn't expect, when I booked the trip for July, that we would have to contend with rain...a lot of it.  I think we were all pretty good sports.  There were a few meltdowns, a lot of mud, and only one lost child (mine of course).  It was unfortunate that our friends had to have their first family camping experience in the rain- we were happy they held on all weekend. :)

A few of my take home memories:

Our friends retreating to their tents early the first evening, scared off by the rain. 
B finding a big, cold, wet, mud hole on the beach that she continually climbed into.
Saturday hot dog roast with a family that we don't see much since they moved away.
Pajama clad kids playing at the park.
Many many 'smores.

We will have to go back when it's warm and sunny.  The beach looked lovely- but the rain prohibited us from having a proper beach camping experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment