A Forever Family

A Forever Family

Monday, 16 June 2014

Another First Birthday

My baby is one....I have been in denial for a while that this was coming.  I still don't acknowledge it if I can avoid it.  I didn't have any problems with K turning 1, but I've been a bit of an emotional wreck around B's first birthday.  It just went by so fast, I didn't feel prepared for her to already be one.  I feel a lot different this time around.  I feel more tired, less on top of things, and I definitely don't feel ready for another baby.  When K was turning one, I was getting pregnant with B.  I certainly don't feel that way now.  I'm so glad I felt it back then and had B so close to K.  I love, everyday, watching them grow closer and learning to play and love each other.  And that totally feels like enough right now.  I don't feel back to normal yet.  With only one baby, and an easy baby at that, I was feeling really good around this mark.  Right now, I still feel like we're at six months.  I'm still laying down most afternoons when B goes down for her nap.  I'm still nursing, too.  It's just all different this time and she still feels so much like a baby to me. 

My mom, dad and two of my sisters came to celebrate with us.  We had a nice Mexican(ish) feast and angel food cake, berries and whipped cream for dessert.  B (and K) loved the presents: a car to ride around the deck and a little zebra, musical toy that can be switched from a sit and ride, to a walk and push, to a stand and scoot. (Present videos found HERE and HERE and HERE). B, and especially K, loved having grandparents and aunts give all kinds of attention.  K kept saying "my family"- she thinks it only refers to extended family.  She still doesn't believe Cole, B and I are her family, too.  She threw a fit when they left. 

I am so happy to have B in my life.  It has been a much different experience parenting her- I love that she is so different from her sister.  She is an extrovert: she lives life (so far) with all her emotions blazing, she isn't afraid to get messy and really experience her surroundings.  She loves and laughs and cries so hard- sometimes so hard that her body can't seem to contain it.  She chases after both Cole and I (and K) for cuddles everyday.  She loves to touch and kiss and snuggle.  She is our silly daughter, and is always trying to make us laugh.  She is an eating machine and often eats 3 times what K does at meal times.  She loves her sister so much and copies everything she sees.  She wants to do everything K does and gets instantly jealous if she's left out.  She is fearless in her emotional expression and that is something that is so different from K and I.  I know she will be so good for our family in the future because she is already showing us how to love better.

We love you so much B! Happy Birthday!

Aunty Alexis (K calls her "Egsis")

Aunty Tanya ("my Tana")

Grandpa

Grandma and Grandpa

Mommy and her baby

checking out the new car

B in the driver's seat

upset that K was taking a turn in the car

love her cry face

funny face

Zebra scooter


taking a ride

"check out my sweet ride"

proud parents

birthday cake and 1 candle

....not her first piece of cake- she didn't make it to a year

digging in

exhausted

out cold

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I can't believe your baby is one! I absolutely love hearing about kids through the eyes of their moms. You get to see them in such a special way. So sweet. Becca is such a cutie! I also love her cry face :)

Rachel Watters said...

love!!!!!!! you look awesome Shannon:)

Post a Comment