So last night I came into our ensuite bathroom to brush my teeth and I see some dirt on the floor and a dirty looking ziplock bag with something white inside. Honestly, on first sight, I thought it might have been balled up baby wipes and I casually thought, "Hey, that doesn't really look familiar and where's all this dirt from? Weird!" So Cole comes in to brush his teeth, I back up towards the door and Cole mentions something about a small leak in the ceiling- he can feel a couple rain drops on his head. I look up and see the ceiling fan has popped open. The dirt now makes sense and of course, I look down at the baggie and know instantly it's cocaine- wouldn't you? :P
Our place is not a dump. You don't walk in, nod your head and think yup, dirty drug dealers. Our super nice landlords did inform us while we were looking at the place that the last people they rented to turned out to be drug dealers. They said they had no idea when renting to them and not even while they were living here. They were a nice, clean looking family and it wasn't till a neighbour called them to inform them that high school students from the school down the street were coming up to the house at lunch on a regular basis that the landlords got suspicious. They were evicted but I guess didn't find all their stashes. When we first moved in I had climbed up onto the kitchen counter to get to a hard to reach, out of the way cupboard (one that no one could reach the back of by simply standing on the ground and reaching) and found needles. Being my sweet, naive self I thought diabetes when I first saw the needles. When Cole came home he thought drugs. He took them to the a disposal site and the nurse comfirmed they were drug needles. Thankfully all of them had their caps on. So that's why when I saw the celing fan open and a baggie on the ground, my brain went to cocaine.
Cole called the non emergency line to figure out how they would like the stuff disposed of. They asked him to bring it in in the morning. Cole has a cop friend he was texting last night, joking about the situation. He asked how much coke it was and I asked Cole how many grams he thought it was (because from watching movies it seems like that's how it's measured). We couldn't guess though- I don't have an eye for grams. BUUUTT- I am a cook, so I told Cole it fell somewhere between an 1/8 cup and a 1/4 cup. Then we proceeded to laugh quite hard and long about that. Also, when I first bent down to touch the baggie when I was thinking it was baby wipes, the thought that ran through my head was that it felt like the skim milk powder I use in my breadmaker.
Someone asked on facebook if we'll be moving. We won't be. We knew ahead of time drug dealers had been here before and like I said, the place is really nice for this price point. I'm really not expecting another situation like this. The people before us must just have forgotten about these hiding places. Since the needles we do always look carefully in weird places if we need to reach or get into anything. We will see how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment