With a baby being born this summer, K's birthday was no big extravaganza. I didn't plan a little kids party- the thought was too overwhelming. She got a small family dinner on the 1st when my parents were visiting and that's where she got her presents. Then the week after on her actual birthday we had a small bbq with some friends and their kids. We made pulled pork and a giant layered birthday cake. It was all delicious and I will post recipes later. Unfortunately the pulled pork ended up a tad spicier than I meant it to and most of the kids didn't want to eat it. Thankfully I had a giant cake with which to make it up to them.
 |
| New ladybug rainboots from grandma and grandpa...she loves any kind of new shoes. |
 |
| New art desk from grandma and grandpa. Finally a good place to keep all her colouring supplies. |
 |
| Red velvet cupcake to celebrate. No candles so we improvised with matches. |
 |
| The birthday cake I was up all night making. Totally forgot the next day to take a picture of the inside. It had 3 raspberry filled layers- 2 creamy and 1 just straight raspberry. Enjoyed by all. |
 |
| Remembered the candles this time around. |
 |
| She managed to blow out one candle and I blew out the other. |
 |
| New bike from mom and dad. One of those pedal-less easy ride bikes. |
 |
| Still a tad too short. |
 |
| Turned 3 months old while K turned 2 years old. |
Both kids are growing too fast- it doesn't feel like a year has passed since I was sitting here writing about K's first birthday party. The time seems to just slip away- although some days still seem like they can't end soon enough. I am enjoying watching K turn into a real little person, full of personality and her own ideas. She loved all the attention around her birthday and won't ever remember there was no traditional party. Oh, also, K went poop in the potty for the first time the day before her birthday. She still doesn't seem super into potty training yet but at least now she understands the concept. I don't want to push it if she's not read to commit yet- she just turned 2 and I have a newborn to take care of. We will keep coming back to it to see if she's interested. But after Christmas I will probably start making a real effort to potty train her.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment