A Forever Family

A Forever Family

Friday, 8 February 2013

Gender: F

I had a prenatal check up this morning- my first since my ultrasound.  The doctor asked if I wanted to know the sex of the baby and I said no.  Cole really wants to know but I like the surprise and I'm not ok with only one of us knowing. 

In the car on the way home, I could tell Cole was keeping something from me and I got it out of him that he thought he saw the sex of the baby by accident.  He's not much for keeping secrets.  I got upset because now one of us knew and because he didn't get it confirmed by the doctor, there was no way to know for sure if Cole really saw what he thought he saw without going back to the office and then we WOULD know.  I was bummed. 

But then in the midst of the conversation, it came out that the little letter classifying gender that Cole read came off a sheet of paper.  I then understood what had happened.  The only place the gender of the baby existed in the office was on the doctor's computer.  Cole happened to see a little F on a sheet of paper the doctor was holding as we left the office.  I had also read that paper- many times. That sheet of paper was MY medical records- the same sheet they print out at every visit that sits on the doctor's desk.  So the paper with the little F...was telling Cole that his wife is Female. 

So the gender is indeed F- but that is no big surprise...we already knew I'M a girl.  Our baby may be an F...but for us it will still be a surprise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment