A few weeks, Cole and I had a date night. My good friend and her husband babysat K so we could go to dinner and a movie. We saw "What to Expect When You're Expecting".
 |
| especially funny if you're pregnant or have recently been pregnant |
We both enjoyed it- it had something for the men to relate to as well as the women and we found it funny and heartfelt. I liked how they showed different experiences with getting pregnant, being pregnant, giving birth and even a couple stories of what happens if you can't get pregnant or stay pregnant. I could really relate to Elizabeth Bank's character (her pregnancy and birthing experience anyway). She did not enjoy being pregnant- she felt huge, she waddled, she was hormonal, she was hot and sweaty, she peed herself, etc. She said she always wanted to be like the pregant women in the magazines and on tv- they had such a beautiful glow. She felt she had been cheated out of her pregancy glow....until she gave birth. She looked at her baby and said, "he's my glow". I can totally relate. I mostly hated being pregnant. It didn't feel so magical or like there was a glow eminating from me. I felt fat and hot and tired. But when I look at K, it feels like she's the glow I missed during pregnancy. She's MY glow.
 |
| My Glow |
3 comments:
And what a precious, adorable glow she is. I really liked this post. Thanks for sharing.
Shannon, this is such a sweet blog post. I love it.
100% in agreement here! Pregnancy can be rotten, but the reward is so worth it. I loved the movie, thanks for the recommendation. :)
Post a Comment