A Forever Family

A Forever Family

Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Fake Sandwich

We are still a student household so we are poor.  I'm pretty good with the budget and making our limited income stretch.  When I was dating Cole, he was not very good with his money at all so when we got married I had pretty tight control on the money.  Since then, he's learned self control and is very good about the money but for the first little while I had to monitor it a bit.  I used to make Cole's lunch for him but that lasted only a matter of months and then I made him do it himself.  I make dinner every night but I hate making lunches.  So for a while I often asked Cole what he was bringing for lunch to make sure he had enough food so he didn't buy anything. 

One day I asked him if he was making a lunch and he got annoyed at me but he was supposed to be leaving in a few minutes and I wanted him to have something to eat.  I asked again and finally he went into the kitchen and when he came out he had a sandwich wrapped up in plastic wrap.  He left the house.  I asked him later that day how his sandwich was and he said, "Meh, it was a crappy sandwich." And that was the end of  that.

A couple days later I was getting into the car with Cole and there on the floor of the passenger side was Cole's sandwich from the other day.  I was like, "Hey, you didn't eat your sandwich- that was a waste of food." But when I pick it up, I see that his "sandwich" is actually two pieces of bread wrapped up to look like a sandwich but it's really just bread.  He made a FAKE SANDWICH! It was so ridiculous that I couldn't even be mad (even though he told me he ate it).  In fact, I laughed quite hard.  Sometimes a wife will nag her husband with good intentions and sometimes a husband is compelled to make a fake sandwich to get his wife off his back.

1 comment:

Rachel Watters said...

hahahaha. i love your sum up

Post a Comment